|U9 Boys||6 aside (5 + GK)|
|U10 Boys||6 aside (5 + GK)|
|U9 Girls||6 aside (5 + GK)|
|U10 Girls||6 aside (5 + GK)|
Length of Games/Substitution Guidelines
Under 9/10: 2x25 minute halves; Half-Time: 5 minutes
Under 9/10 Small Sided Games Rules
Organization & Rules
- 12 yard (area marked), within which designated goalkeeper may handle the ball; centre marked with centre dot
- 6 players on the field for U9 & U10 (5 plus the goalkeeper)
- When the ball goes out of play, the game is restarted by:
- Sideline: Throw-ins
- End line: Goal kicks or corner kicks depending on who kicked it out
- After a goal, restart with a centre kick; defending team to start 10 yards away
- Defending team must stand 10 yards away from the ball for all kickoffs, goal kicks and free kicks
- There are no offsides called at U9 & U10
- For U9 & U10, young refs with limited experience are used
- Please respect that these young refs are in training and will make mistakes. Fair play and sportsmanship should be displayed by coaches, parents, and players at all times. If a fould occurs, offending team must be 10 yards from the ball during the free kick.
- At U9/U10, the pass-back rule is in effect. Goalkeepers may not handle the ball passed back to them by a teammate while in their goal area.
- Games scheduled to start on the hour - please arrive 20-30 minutes early to organize team and warm-up.
- All games will en on the hour at the latest, no exceptions.
- 25-minute halves with 5-minute half-time, unless game starts late
- If a game starts late, that game will play a shorter second half as all games will end on the hour at the latest, no exceptions.